Home > News & Events > Interview of Mr. Ranga Reddy with Raja Simhan of The Hindu BusinessLine has been published in BusinessLine.

Chennai-based Maveric Systems Ltd, a software testing company, is targeting a 30 percent increase in revenue this fiscal over that of last year through a change in its business model.

“Last two years have been flat. However, we are seeing good traction from the first quarter,” said its CEO Ranga Reddy without giving any numbers.

Maveric provides software quality assurance services across IT lifecycle for key banking domains, including retail banking, corporate banking, payments.

It reported a revenue of ₹176 crore for fiscal ended March 31, 2017. The company added nearly 400 employees, including 120 in the relatively new telecom vertical, in the last two years to the present 1,050, he told Business Line.

Arun Jain, Managing Director of the Chennai-based Intellect Design, is a major investor in his personal capacity, he said. When the business was plateauing, the company changed its business model a year back to increase profitability from existing clients, he said.

Traditionally, on behalf of users — a bank or an insurance company — Maveric tests and examines whether a system is fit for use or not. This was contributing to the majority of revenue till two years ago. However, today nearly 60 percent of revenue comes through this legacy service and remaining 40 percent from new technology by offering clients value-added services, he said.

For example, Maveric which may be doing data quality assurance for a client will pitch to test for any loss of integrity in data. This value addition helps in improving profitability, he said.

Maveric has a total of 47 customers, including some of the top tier-I global banks and added the telecom vertical a few months back with vendors like Ericsson and Huawei.

Article by

Administrator 1

Marketing

Industries

Banking

Telecom

Data Transformation for Precision Banking Data is the lifeblood of precision banking and superior experience delivery. In the rush to address the mechanics (velocity and volume) of data – which aren’t the real problem, not nearly enough attention is invested in data versatility and veracity.

Read More

Experience Engineering Drives Real Digital Transformation Successful digital transformation unlocks the enormous business potential of customer experience for a bank. Reimagine digital delivery with pre-built accelerators, integrated customer & product journey catalogues, and ready-to-deploy DDR models.

Read More

Connected Core. Maximum Value Enhancement For banks with Temenos at their core, Maveric guarantees maximum value extraction. With 15+ years Temenos product stack mastery, we are the foremost authority on Temenos – A Certified Temenos Partner, with Temenos (TLC) Certified T24 functional.

Read More

Accelerated Development As QE moves from philosophy, to being actively practiced, it is woven seamlessly through the SDLC, finally bringing dev-ops-business into synch. The Maveric integrated QE platform with real time insight –driven dashboards, transforms your decisions.

Read More