- Shifts in Business
- Shifts in
- Emergence of
- Adoption of Advanced
- Rise of Goal Based
Shifts in Business Landscape
The substratum of today’s business is shifting by the emergence of:
- Asia becoming the center of the new wealth management services
- Millennials becoming a critical component among wealthy, and
- Gender shift towards women
There is a clear advisory shift for investors because of the demographic changes towards GenX and Millennials. In addition, nearly 50% of customers today, are open to shifting from their existing fund managers, unless they are digitally advanced and cater adequately to their requirements.
Shifts in Advisory Fees
The landscape is also witnessing a shift to performance based fees than event based fees. It poses an additional burden on the already profit squeezed industry to continually monitor the fee in line with the fund performance and explore ways to maximise the ‘Earned Vs accrued fee’, which is fast becoming the go-to performance metric. Moreover, for supporting both advisory and performance-based pricing models, modern technology platforms and solutions are urgently required.
Emergence of Family Office
In vogue for a few years now, the family office gains more traction each passing day. This means that the banks and wealth management institutions should be geared to handle:
- Advisory on estate tax and succession planning in addition to investment advisory,
- Group conversations as against one-on-ones. Given that the families are geographically distributed, this mandates the need of a secured infrastructure to manage such conversations.
- Satisfying the younger customer with digitally advanced platforms and tools since they are the big influencers, if not the decision makers,
- Engagement across multiple digital modes – social media, chat, email, voice chat, as well as judicious use of automated and human, collaboration and tool led analysis.
Adoption of Advanced Analytics
Increasingly seen as an area for collaboration with Fintechs around gamification, portfolio benchmarking and visual analytics, advanced analytics have applications across the following areas as well:
- Providing market data, analytical tools, and portfolio simulation for the self-directed clients
- Using portfolio simulation as an exercise in all advisory dealings
- Comparison between advisory and self-directed portfolio simulation
- Robo advisory can be used for the High Net Worth (HNW) and mass affluent category, although with caution. When combined with advisory portfolio simulation, it can also be recommended for the Very HNW and Ultra HNW.
Rise of Goal Based Investment Models
Investment models and simulation have become a high value collaboration area with Fintechs. Outlined below are few variants of investment models at play.
- Normal investors will continue to set individual goals and track the progress against those goals. At the same time, they will tie up with the advisory in line with the progress including remedial actions.
- As compared with the earlier one at the individual investor level, family offices will explore a different version of the goal – at group and family level.
- Management based on balance sheet would drive the investment goals and then be prioritized based on an investor’s preference.
- Investment models will need to have real-time updates and triggers for call to action than the usual periodic reporting and actions.
By working across several asset classes such as securities, equities/bonds, fixed income, mutual funds and derivatives, our domain led technology specialists enable our customers address their challenges in the wealth management space across the following key areas.
Rapid prototyping for accelerated development of Minimum Viable Product
A key Middle-East wealth management institution was looking to achieve cost…
38% Pre UAT Defect Prevention through Digital Quality Engineering
A massive initiative for launching a new cutting-edge mobile application…
Transformational Assurance for legacy migration
A leading European private bank embarked on a massive legacy migration journey…