• Lead a development team of data engineers
• Implement a big data enterprise data lake, BI and analytical system using Hive LLAP, Spark,
Kafka, Hive, Hbase
• Responsible for design, development, testing oversight and implementation
• Works closely with program manager, scrum master, and architects to convey technical impacts
to development timeline and risks
• Coordinate with data engineers and API developers to drive program delivery.
• Drive technical development and application standards across enterprise data lake & Retail Data
• Benchmark and debug critical issues with algorithms and software as they arise.
• Lead and assist with the technical design and implementation of the Big Data cluster in various
• Guide/mentor development team for example to create custom common utilities/libraries that can
be reused in multiple big data development efforts.
• Accomplish results by communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising results;
coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing
systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
Skills & Qualification:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
• 10+ consecutive years in the software engineering profession
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in design and development of large scale Big Data applications
in platforms such as Hortonworks, Cloudera
• Extensive experience in Java, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Scala, Python technologies
• Must have experience with design, development and deployment in the DevOps environment.
• Should have led on the design and implementation of an E2E Data warehousing implementation
including source system integration and data lake implementation in a Big Data environment
• Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment with an on shore – offshore distributed Agile
• Must have the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships at all levels
across IT and Business Stakeholders.
• Must have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deal with urgent requests in a fast-paced and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept and presenting complex topics, influencing
and executing with timely / actionable follow-through
• Good understanding of FSLDM or equivalent financial/Banking Datawarehouse models
• Ability to provide innovative ideas and see through implementation
Extensive experience working with data warehouses and big data platforms
• Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior leaders
• Outstanding written and verbal skills and the ability to influence and motivate teams
• Banking domain knowledge will be preferable.
• Have done Customer Facing role in earlier engagements